The Balanced System® is strategic, outcomes based, whole system framework and suite of tools and templates that can be used to improve the commissioning and delivery of services which benefit from an integrated approach to delivering outcomes for children and young people.
The Balanced System® framework, developed over 15 years, was devised to provide a practical, holistic solution to the challenge of meeting the needs of children and young people with speech, language and communication needs (SLCN). The framework has been extended for use across other therapeutic areas including Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy.
The Balanced System® is a framework and suite of tools and templates that can be used to improve the commissioning and delivery of services which benefit from an integrated approach to delivering outcomes. The model is theoretically driven and practically tested and is now being applied to other allied health professions and wider services.
More detailed information about the model is available here
The benefits of The Balanced System® for Commissioners:
- Provides a predictive workforce tool
- Enables flexibility to allow tailored outcomes and performance indicators
- Supports tender and procurement of therapy and integrated services
The benefits of The Balanced System® for Providers:
- To help meet current or future tenders
- A widely recognised model and framework
- It enables flexibility to allow for tailored outcomes and outcome measures
The benefits of The Balanced System® for Practitioners:
- Support practitioners with delivering outcomes to meet the needs of the population they work with
- Support practitioners with delivering integrated outcomes
- Demonstrating effectiveness of service delivery